ONE-YEAR CONTRACT EXTENSION TENTATIVE AGREEMENT
As of yesterday, June 3, 2019, CSEA has signed a Tentative Agreement for a one-year contract extension. The details will be forthcoming at upcoming local dinner meetings and eventually in a highlight sheet that will be distributed. This was the reason for canceling this Wednesday’s meeting in Onondaga – we have rescheduled that so that those who want to attend, now knowing about the upcoming vote on the Tentative Agreement, can now respond and attend. (If you responded previously, you will need to respond again for the new date – see below).
Those UCS employees that were members of CSEA as of June 3rd are eligible to vote on the contract extension. The membership lists are “frozen” as of the date of the Tentative Agreement. And, of course, non-members cannot vote on our contract.
The meetings dates are listed below. We have tried to arrange various locations to accommodate as many people as possible. Please RSVP to the appropriate officer by the deadline. Sorry for the short response time, but with meetings starting next Monday, it could not be avoided. Meetings will include dinner, except for those who didn’t RSVP for the boat tour (Alex Bay) or the retirement presentation (Canton).
- Saturday, June 8 – Alexandria Bay, Uncle Sam Boat Tours, 47 James St., Alexandria Bay. No RSVP needed, but if you did not sign up for the boat tour, you will not be able to get on the boat. I will be available from 11:00 a.m. on for anyone who wants to meet, until the boat leaves. We already have a short meeting scheduled for 12:00, prior to boarding the tour boat.
- Monday, June 10 – Del Lago Resort, 1133 State Route 414, Waterloo, 6:00 p.m. meeting. RSVP by this Friday, June 7, Noon to: Don@csealocal334.com.
- Tuesday, June 11 – Ithaca Hotel, 222 S. Cayuga St., Ithaca, 6:00 p.m. meeting. RSVP by Friday, June 7, Noon to: Sheila@csealocal334.com.
- Wednesday, June 12 – Brooks BBQ (Banquet Room Building), 5560 St. Hwy 7, Oneonta, 6:00 p.m. meeting. RSVP by Monday, June 10 at Noon to: Rosanne@csealocal334.com.
- Thursday, June 13 – Canton Best Western, 90 East Main Street, Canton. We have a retirement dinner presentation already scheduled that evening. I will be available prior to the meeting, from approximately 4:30-6:15 or after the presentation. No reservation needed, but if you didn’t already sign up for the dinner/presentation, you will not be able to attend that.
- Monday, June 17 – Riverdale Banquet Hall, 2901 Watson Blvd, Endwell, 6:00 p.m. meeting. RSVP by June 11th at Noon to: Ian@csealocal334.com.
- Tuesday, June 18 – Borio’s, 8891 McDonnell’s Pkway, Cicero, 5:45 p.m. meeting. (Vendors will be invited for this meeting only, since this is a rescheduled meeting date.) RSVP by June 11th at Noon to: Rosanne@csealocal334.com.
- Wednesday, June 19 – Delta Lake Inn, 8524 Fish Hatchery Road, Rome, 5:45 p.m. meeting. RSVP by June 12 at Noon to: Sheila@csealocal334.com.
When sending in your reservation, be certain to indicate which meeting (location) you plan to attend. You will receive a confirmation from the recipient. If you do not, please contact them again with your reservation.
We do not yet have a timeline for when ballots will be mailed, nor do we have a highlight sheet yet. Information will be sent out in that regard when we have it available.